Area Sales Manager – Commercial Drainage – £35-40K Basic £10K OTE
We are currently working with one of the largest building distribution organsiations in the United Kingdom.
As the Area Sales Manager, you will build productive and profitable relationships between local branches and M&E Contractors, working on a variety of commercial and residential projects. This will mean on a weekly and daily basis visiting building sites – ensuring existing customers have all the right products at the right time and talking to potential customers to sell our clients services and forge new relationships.
Candidates must be articulate, numerate, well presented and able to negotiate at all levels from site manager to senior buyer. A self-starter, who requires the minimum of supervision, has a persuasive manner and who thrives on a challenge. An organised, enthusiastic team player, if you have knowledge of the industry and our products so much the better.
Knowledge Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of dealing with M&E Contractors
- Some experience of the operation of a builder’s merchant.
- Sales driven.
- Customer relationship management.
- Team player.
- Planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Energetic and self-motivated.
Key Result Areas
- Identify and secure new customers accounts in the geographical area covered to ensure on-going sales/target achievement.
- Manage the performance (sales and margin) of customers contained in the designated portfolio, to ensure that budget/targets are achieved.