Business Development Manager – Civils
National – Candidates can be located anywhere in the UK
Salary Up to £55K + £8K OTE
25 days holiday + bank holidays
A fantastic unique opportunity has arisen to join an innovative global manufacturer who provide structural reinforcement solutions to the Civils Market.
The company pride themselves on thinking outside the box, they will provide great development opportunities, with potential scope for this role leading to a managerial position. This professional global organization have established their well-respected name in the market through being transparent, honest and delivering great service.
This is a great opportunity for someone who can develop and build relationships with the major civil contractors (Galliford Try, Mace, BAM Nuttall), Structural Engineers across the UK. You will be targeting the largest civil projects across the UK, my client already has a well-established project portfolio which you will inherit. There is also access to Barbour ABI to hunt up and coming projects.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have sold products into civil engineering contractors, business development experience within the construction industry and be a polished and proven account / specification manager. If you have been involved in projects including Tunnelling, Waterways, Railway, Electrical Substations, Airports then that will be advantageous, however is not essential.
My client is open to candidates who have a strong technical background that don’t necessarily have the out and sales experience as this can be taught.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- 4+ years Engineering/manufacturing Business Development / sales experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering discipline
- Demonstrate a clear understanding in the areas of new market development, strategic selling, developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers
- A passion to understand deeply and analyse thoroughly what the market needs and expects, from the technical and business point of view
- An entrepreneurial and pioneering spirit to establish relations with the big industrial and commercial construction investors and general contractors, in order to create awareness about the possibilities and advantages of using this innovative product